When someone mentions the word pregnancy, my insides turn to jello and I’m filled with an unexplainable happiness that can never be equaled by anything in the world. Pregnancy was one of my favourite times of my life. I loved knowing that a tiny human being, formed from the love of my husband and I, was growing in my belly. Reveled in the discovery, the first time I heard the heart beat, the first time I saw the blob on the screen and the first time I felt the tiny butterfly flutters in my belly. Besides minor morning nausea and the mild un-comfortableness of getting extremely large, I was very lucky with the side effects of pregnancy. Unfortunately, not everyone experiences such a joyful occasion. Besides the average heartburn, stretchmarks and acne that comes along with pregnancy, there are a few other things that you should be aware of.
5 Things they don’t tell you about Pregnancy
1. Milk product starts before the baby arrives – I remember being seven months pregnant with my first child. My sisters and I were bonding over a girly movie when all of a sudden I started to feel really hot. I kept pulling at my shirt, thinking “Geez I’m sweating like crazy!” when all of a sudden, my sisters started bursting out laughing. There I stood with two huge wet spots. What I thought was sweat, turned out to be the beginning of my milk production.
2. Skin Tags – During pregnancy, it is normal for things to grow, your stomach, your ankles (or should I say Kankles), your feet, and chest. Your body is basically going nuts thanks to the little person developing in your belly. One thing you may not have thought about growing during pregnancy is your skin. Skin tags are delightful little skin growth that occur in high friction areas like your armpits, neck and under your breasts.
3. Bleeding gums – Another surprise I discovered during pregnancy was dental sensitivity. My teeth were more irritated, I was more prone to cavities, but one thing I wasn’t prepared for was seeing pink in the sink. Surprisingly, swollen, red, tender gums that bleed when flossed or brushed are a normal side of pregnancy. It results from hormonal changes that make gums inflamed and more sensitive to bacteria in plaque resulting in pregnancy gingivitis.
4. Leg cramps – Sleeping is not a pregnant woman’s best friend. Now imagine, you have finally fallen asleep after 3 hours of tossing and turning, you get into a deep sleep only to wake up with a severe cramp in your calf. They may only last a second, but they are painful and can pull you out of the deepest sleep. There are many reasons that you can get leg cramps during pregnancy. Two of the most common ones are compressed blood vessels and the pressure of carrying around extra weight. My solution is to jump out of bed and step on your sore foot (basic flex your foot upwards and straighten your leg ).
5. Hemmroids – The last ‘joy’ of pregnancy that no one tells you about is a huge PAIN IN THE BUTT (literally!) known as Hemorrhoids. Hemorrhoids are a topic that everyone is embarrassed or fearful to discuss but it is a problem that can affect up to 50% of pregnant women! Hemorrhoids are swollen or inflamed veins in your lower rectum and anus. Then tend to be caused by your growing uterus and increase in blood flow. Things like constipation and delivery are two common causes. They can range from itchy and annoying to downright painful. Sometimes they resolve themselves after pregnancy or with increased hydration and fiber, but others need outside help like HemoClin.
HemoClin is a revolutionary product that works fast and effectively by providing a cooling relief from anal discomforts. HemoClin is a clear water-based gel that delivers no pain, no mess, and no stains. This is achieved with the power Aloe Vera and your body’s natural bacteria.
Order discretely online here: http://hemoclin.ca/
There are so many things to worry about during pregnancy, don’t let Hemorrhoids be one of them! We want you to take it easy during this time of discomfort and treat yourself, so HemoClin wants to offer even more relief with our #HemoclinComfortKit giveaway.