As January moves into February, I begin to get cabin fever. There is only so many days that I convince myself that it is fine to curl up on the couch with a good book and cup of coffee and call it productive. It’s usually around this time of the year, that I really start taking a look at home and discovering different projects that need to be completed. Maybe it’s the walls closing in on me or the artificial lighting, but this girl has been bitten by the Reno bug!
This year, we began to tackle my bedroom. We recently purchased a new King size bed and our previous queen size headboard had to go. I knew I wanted something rustic but couldn’t find anything I truly loved on the shelves of the home decor stores. Instead, my husband and I grabbed our tool belts and drills and went to work creating this master piece!
We are ‘weekend warriors’ and it took a lot of trial and error (and weekends!) to get this project right! I wish we had waited until this weekend to complete our project as the The GTA Home & Reno Show is in town and it would have been the best place to ask questions!
The International Centre, 6900 Airport Road, Mississauga, ON
Feb 15 to 19, 2018
Fri & Sat: 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Sun & Mon: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Tickets: Adults $15.00
Seniors (65+) $13.00
Youth 13 – 17 $13.00
Children 12 and under FREE
The GTA Home & Reno Show is Toronto’s ultimate home and design show presented by RE/MAX, located at the International Center. In it’s 5th year, this show provides the ideal space for people (a.k.a. Weekend Warriors like hubby and I) to ask questions, seek advice and learn about new products the can use in and around the home. There are more than 300 exhibitors, meet with the GTA’s top contractors, suppliers and design experts and be inspired by reno and DIY celebrities.
Key things to watch out for:
- DIY Tooling Centre – Chat with handyman experts to learn how to handle the tools you need to undertake your next DIY project, from painting to plumbing.
- Handyman’s Corner – Canada’s ultimate handyman Shawn Monteith will be here to share his secrets, from patching walls to tackling trim.
- Destination Renovation presented by BILD & Renomark – Meet face-to- face with renovators and builders alike for a no-nonsense, one-on- one construction consultations that will save you valuable time and money.
- Design Intervention presented by Reno & Décor Magazine – Celebrity Interior designers and
- “Axelle” Feature Home – This full scale home built by Bonneville Home offers real life design idea that you can touch and feel. From the latest security features, green products and tech products.
- Ask a Certified Landscape Design Expert – Transform your outdoor space with a custom 15-minute complimentary talk with top garden and landscape experts.
This show is not just for adults, but the kids are invited too! Special activities on Family Day Monday include free daycare and fun activities for
the kids (cape making workshop, face painting, make & take garden). Let the kids get creative, while Mom and Dad get inspired!
Free parking and free coat check is brought to you by RE/MAX.
Want to enjoy the Family Day weekend at the GTA Home & Reno Show? You can buy tickets, learn from the experts, celebrity speakers and more by visiting www.gtahomeandrenoshow.com.