From the moment I wake until the minute I fall asleep, my brain is filled with ceaseless chatter. When doing one task, my brain is already planing and strategizing what comes next. I have always been a high stressed person by nature, but since becoming a mother my workload has tripled. A full time job, three busy children, volunteer hours, a household to run and a blog, I never seem to stop. When I do have a free moment, I feel guilt for not being busy and begin creating new tasks on my already burden schedule to complete. Its only when my body gives out (migraine, illness, etc) that I realize I need to slow down and take time for me.
Relaxation Techniques for Busy Moms
When you are as high strung as myself, wanting to relax and actually being able to achieve it are two different things. Over the years, I discovered a few tricks to help me relax when life gets too stressful:
1. Music – Have you every had a bad day only to have it turned around by a song on the radio? Scientists have found that listening to music can reduce cortisol levels in the body thus minimizing stress. Classical, nature sounds, or even punk rock, whatever you are feeling down, playing your favourite music can help reset your mood.
2. Yoga – Yoga is the practice of the mind-body connection. Through a combination of movements that stretch the body, breathing techniques and meditation, you can reset your mental state. Simple poses like child pose, downward dog and cat cow can loose up tight back muscles, lower blood pressure and relax your overall body.
3. Aromatherapy – Aromatherapy is one of the most effortless ways to bring down one’s stress level. When you expose the body to a strong smell, like essential oils, you can positively affect your mood by increasing your hormone levels, brain chemistry and decrease stress levels.
4. Massage – When there isn’t a masseuse in sight, a self massage is a great way to relax tight muscles and soothe one’s emotions. Next time you are feeling stressed, find a quiet room and try rubbing your temples, the back of your neck or even your hands. Soothing circular motions can calm racing hearts and refocus one’s energy.
5. Meditation rings – Meditation rings are inspired by the theory of the ancient Tibetan Prayer Wheel. The practices of turning the prayer wheel was said to benefit oneself through increased wisdom, karma and purifying negative thoughts. MeditationRings bring this ancient power to your finger tips! Reconnect yourself and your environment to restore inner peace and calmness. Waiting for the bus, inline at the coffee shop, or whenever you feel you need to, you can spin your MediationRing and restore your mental health and emotional well being.
I have been using my mediation ring for weeks now. I love having away to reset my mind and rid myself of anxiety and worry without anyone knowing. Spinning my ring a quick and effective way to help me remember to take a break once in awhile and reset myself when I’m spiraling out of control. My Hailey MediationRing is a handcrafted sterling silver designer ring with a leaf spinning band. It is stylish, unique and constantly gets noticed by friends and family for its distinctive style. I love the support it provides!
Remember, life gets busy, but don’t let it control you! Get in-tune with your body, mind and soul. Whether through yoga, sounds, smells, or my personal favourite, MediationRing reset yourself through out the day to stay healthy!
Health is a very important topic! To help you get started on the right route, MediationRing and I have joined together to offer a MediationRing Giveaway!!
One Lucky 1Heart1Family member will WIN a Prana MediationRing!!
WIN A Prana MediationRing!!
Ends Aug 4/17