Grocery shopping is one of the chores that I’m not a fan of. There is prepping the list, searching the store for the items you need, finding quality items and putting them away when you get home. Knowing that it is an essential part of life, my family tackles our grocery shopping every Sunday Morning.
We use to go to a grocery store across town to do all of our shopping. The prices were reasonable, it contained most of the products we knew and loved and I guess you could say it became habit.
Then one day a FreshCo popped up two blocks away from our house. For the first few months, we continued shopping at our normal grocery store. If something is working, why change it? Then one day the kids had a birthday party to attend, hubby had baseball and our grocery shopping time got cut in half. Out of necessity we ventured into FreshCo for the first time. I had no idea what to expect. From first glance, it appeared to be your typical grocery store, but as we continued to shop, we realized we had found a store with fresh food, quality product and amazing savings!
FreshCo is a grocery store that promises to offer prices as low or lower than anyone in the market while offering fresh products that exceed customer expectations in a discount environment. Not only do they offer every day low pricing and great flyer deals, but they also stand behind the “Cheaper Guarantee”. The Cheaper Guarantee promises that they will beat the price of any competitor with a price match policy.
On top of amazing prices, the selection is outstanding. Their commitment to providing their shoppers with quality fresh produce, bakery goods and meat, with low prices was amazing. We were able to find all our favourite brands, makes some new ones and save a ton of cash!
From now on instead of making the trek across town, we head to our local FreshCo for great savings and great products!
Here is a delicious, cheap meal to help make dinner time easy!
WESTERN STUFFED BELL PEPPERS
Loaded with protein, veggies and healthy grains, these stuffed bell peppers will provide you with eveyrthing you need for a healthy, balanced meal!
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 1 pkg of taco season (or make your own: 1 teaspoon cumin, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon chili powder)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 bell peppers
- 2 cups of cooked rice
- 8oz of cooked ground beef
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix quinoa, corn, beans, salsa, cheeses, taco seasoning, and salt and pepper until well combined.
- Cut the top and stem off of the peppers and scoop out the inside. Fill each pepper with mixture from above and top with cheese. Stand in a baking dishes cook for about 25-30 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
How much will you save at FreshCo today?