Stress is very hard on your entire body. If you are like me you tend to carry the weight of the world on your upper back and shoulders. One of the ways I like to boost my mood when I’m feeling down is Yoga. A few simple yoga stretches can help you relieve tension in those areas and heighten your spirits. They can be done almost anywhere and only take a few minutes! Grab a partner and feed off each others positive energy!
Mood Busting Yoga Poses
Relax your mind, body and soul and enjoy the stretches for 2 1/2 minutes each!
1. Stand with your feet hips width apart.
2. Bend over at the hips, keeping your legs straight
3. Let the weight of your upper body pull you forward
4. For a deeper stretch, grab your ankles and pull yourself towards the ground.
5. Repeat 3 times.
1. Kneel down on a mat.
2. Sink your butt towards your feet, while reaching forward with your arms until your forehead is on the ground.
3. You can move your arms to the right side and left side for side stretches
4. Hold each position for 30 seconds and repeat 3 times.
1. Lie face down on the floor with your arms and legs stretched out.
2. Begin by raising your arms off the floor and holding in the air for 30 seconds.
3. Replace the arms to the ground and left your legs off the ground for 30 seconds.
4. Replace your legs to the ground, then simultaneously lift both your arms and legs. Hold for 30 seconds.
5. Repeat 5 times.
1. Lie on your back with your arms resting by your side.
2. Starting at your toes, tense your muscles from your feet to your head, one section at a time.
3. Once you have your entire body tense, release the tension with a big exhale.
4. Listen to your breath and feel your body relax more with every exhale.
5. Repeat 3 times.
To provide us with the ease and comfort in all of these yoga moves, my DD5 and I love wearing our Twiga Clothing. Designed for gym class and beyond, Twiga Clothing is a must-have collection of colorful and expertly designed leggings, shorts, yoga pants and headbands for active girls. From dance class to gymnastics to run club and even tween yoga, these fashionable and unique designs are stylish beyond compare.
Twiga Clothing is made in Canada and expertly crafted by the former LuluLemon Powerhouse, Chuck Beatt. He uses quality fabric that is wicking, breathable and super soft to provide girls with a brand that fashionable as well as comfortable. it is perfect for ages 5-12 with sizes ranging in size from 4-14 and can be personalized with names or activities for a unique fashion statement! It has become such an envy for older sisters (and MOMS!), they now have Women’s styles too (available in sizes XS-M).