After my vacation at the beginning of the summer, I looked in the mirror and I didn’t like what I saw. Over indulgence, the lies I told myself (“Its a One time treat!”) and the inactivity (hey! It was the hottest summer on record), finally caught up to me. I knew I needed to take control of my life and do something about it. Although I had been running 3 times a week, my body wasn’t getting the stress it needed to kick my metabolism in to gear. I knew if I wanted to see big changes, I would have to tackle my diet, especially my sugar cravings!
For two weeks, I have been caffeine and sugar free. It has been difficult! I no longer reach for that easy to eat, already prepared meal in the cupboard, but rather take whole ingredients and create myself a meal that is nutritious! It takes extra time, extra effort and extra thought to ensure that I have the ingredients I need to make a complete, well balance meal. One of the ingredients that I ensure I have on hand is Chickapea Pasta!
Four Reasons Why Chickapea Pasta Should Be Your Family’s Choice!
- Packed with Protein Power – Each Chickapea serving contains 23 grams of protein and 40% of our daily iron intake. When you eat protein, your body undergoes a process called thermogenesis. This causes your body to work harder (burn calories) to digest the food, leading to increased weight loss.
- Full of Fiber – Each Chickapea serving contains 11 grams of fibre, which is 44% of our daily iron recommended value. Fibre aids in weigh loss by helping to prevent heart disease, diabetes, some cancers, and can improve overall digestive health.
- Super Nutritious – Each Chickapea serving is chock full of nutrients such as complex carbs (energy), thiamine (energy), Niacin (energy), magnesium (healthy immune, repair damage), iron (carry oxygen around body), B Vitamins (improve nerves and circulatory system), zinc (boast immune system), phosphorous (builds strong bones and teeth), and antioxidants (prevent cellular damage). These nutrients help your body to recover after a vigorous workout and improve overall function of your body.
- Quick Cook Times – Most meals cooked from scratch take a lot of time and effort. Chickapea pasta provides a quick, delicious, HEALTHY meal in under 10 minutes. It allows you to eat the food you love and gain the nutrients your body needs.
Here is one of my favourite Chickapea Pasta Recipes:
1 Can of Tuna
1 Tbsp of plain Greek Yogurt
1 boiled egg
2 tsp of Dijon mustard
1 handful of spinach
Salt, pepper, and oregano to taste
- Place an egg in boiling water for 8 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Cook one box of Chickapea Pasta as per package.
- Drain a can of tuna.Add yogurt, mustard, salt, pepper, oregano to the tuna and mix well.
- Mash hard boil egg into mixture.
- Serve on a bed of spinach.
To learn more about Chickapea and connect with their team:
Website – https://choosechickapea.com/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/ChickapeaPasta
Instagram – www.instagram.com/ChickapeaPasta/
Pinterest – www.pinterest.com/chickapeapasta/
Facebook – www.facebook.com/chickapeapasta/
One lucky reader from each blog will receive a gift basket full of goodies (ARV$75.) The contents of the gift basket are as follows:
- 1 box of Chickapea Spirals
- 1 box of Chickapea Penne
- 1 box of Chickapea Shells
- 1 bottle of Kiki Maple Sweet Water
- 1 container of Teatulia Chamomile Tea (30 bags)
- 1 bag (142g) of Neal Brothers Montreal Steak Spice Kettle Chips
- 1 jar of Neal Brothers Organic Roasted Garlic Pasta Sauce
- 1 package (225g) of Budding Nutrition Gut Busters
- 1 package of (84g) Rawnata Vanilla Saskatoon Flax Crackers
“Items were kindly donated by Neal Brothers, Avid Gourmet and LCG Foods.”