What was your family doing the first week of school? Mine was headed to Parkbridge!
Summer and cottages go hand in hand. Every movie, story or song written about summer, normally depicts driving up north to a secluded cabin and relaxing with your family by campfire. To have a cottage to escape to every weekend would be heavenly. The fresh air, away from the hustle and bustle of the city, and the endless opportunities to get the kids outside sounds like a dream come true. Unfortunately, When you have two working parents, the likelihood of escaping to a relaxing cottage every weekend isn’t an option!
After a long hard summer of strike threats, long hours and little time together, my husband and I decided we needed one last hurrah! before school started. Our choice: Parkbridge’s Lakes of Wasaga.
Parkbridge Lifestyle Communities Inc. (“Parkbridge”) is Canada’s leading owner, operator and developer of residential land lease communities, recreational resorts and marinas. Their overriding mandate is to make residential and recreational communities affordable, yet exceptional.
It was originally established in 1998 with two original properties with 650 sites. Since then it has expand coast to coast in Canada providing over 27,500 operational and potential expansion sites on over 100 properties.
We choose the lake of Wasaga for this years adventure because we wanted to embrace the last days of summer with all their glory. This resort is located only 5 Kms from the largest beach on fresh water in Canada. Central to both shopping (5 minutes away) and attractions (5-30 minutes away – Blue Mountain), it is the ideal place for families to vacation!
Our experience at Parkbridge’s Lakes of Wasaga was exceptional. We were greeted by friendly staff who welcomed us and provided us with the knowledge we needed to have successful week. Although I have been in a Lakes of Wasaga cottage, it always takes my breath away. Decorated in wood motif, this home away from home has everything from a screened in porch to a full kitchen to washer and dryer.
5 Reasons my Family Loves Lakes of Wasaga:
- Feels like home – The cabins come equipped with everything you need to have a successful stay. We opted in for the linen services and I was very impressed how neatly it was all put together. Even the little things are taken care of. There was chess games to entertain the kids on rainy days, all the essential cooking equipment to create home made meals (very important if you suffer from Celiac Disease) and television if you needed a little down time! What impressed me the most was the cleanliness! Each cabin is thoroughly cleaned in between guest and rechecked upon arrival. It was spic and span and not a thing out of place!
- Glamping in Style – I may not be a camper, but I do love nature! Parkbridge provides a secure, gated community with man made lakes (with fountains), beautiful landscaping and fire pits to give you the full experience. My kids enjoyed many nights out by the fire pit cooking hot dogs and marshmallows, while making up silly stories as the moon began to rise. If the mosquitoes got too bad, there was a beautiful screened in porch area that we could sneak away to while still hearing the sounds of nature.
- All You Can Play Mini putting – This was one of my kids favourite features! It was a daily request to ride to the front gates and borrow a golf club and ball and play around on the 9 hole pit.
- Many Water Features – Parkbridge offers many ways to cool down during the hot summer weather. We lucked out and were treated to a hot week! There is a outdoor pool for hot days, an indoor pool for unpleasant days, a splash pad for the kids and a man made lake with beach if you felt like a more private experience. All water areas were kept warm and clean and you had to use a passcode to enter.
- Activities for the kids – Although we arrived out of season, I was impressed to know that during the summer months they hold a variety of activities to entertain the kids. Things like arts and crafts, sports, nature hikes and theme days.
You arrive at the cottage and it’s set up ready to go. No maintenance, no extra costs besides the weekly rental fee, and no stress. Its just you, your family and the great outdoors. This is what cottage life should be about. This is Parkbridge!
This was my family’s experience at Parkbridge’s Melody Bay last fall.