Is your child ready for back to school? When we think of preparing for back to school we think of purchasing a new wardrobe, a fresh set of school supplies and much needed sports equipment, but does your child have a healthy mouth and the tools they’ll need to maintain it? The tips and tricks you teach your children good oral hygiene today, will affect them for the rest of their life. Unlike the common myth that baby teeth aren’t important because they will eventually be replaced by adult teeth is untrue! Learning to take care of your teeth properly today will not only form healthy oral habits, but will also ensure that your teeth are present long after the textbooks and pencils are done! That’s why it’s best to start early!
When we start school in fall, we think about visiting our family doctors for booster shots and our ophthalmologist for eye check ups, but we should consider making an appointment to see your dentist too! Approximately 58% of children between the ages of 2-19 years old have some form of tooth decay (Health Canada). Tooth decay, also known as a cavity, can cause pain and irritation in children. This results in difficulty in eating, speaking, playing and learning as well as missing many valuable hours of study time at school.
Good Oral Hygiene Habits to Develop
With the help of Arm & Hammer Dental products, families can ensure their teeth are fresh, clean and leave them feeling revitalized with these simple steps!
- Brush your teeth twice a day– Approximately 87% of Canadian’s consider brushing their teeth twice a day, but only 57% actually do. The reason we have to brush twice a day verse once day is because of the life cycle of the cavity causing bacteria in our mouth. The longer the bacteria sits on our teeth, the more it grows. The more it grows, the faster the damage that is done. Brushing in the morning tackles the bacteria the forms on our teeth as we sleep and brushing at night tackles the bacteria that grows from the foods we eat during the day.
- Floss your teeth once a day – Flossing should be part of our everyday routine, however only 51% of Canadians actually do this! Flossing adds at getting the stuff in between your teeth that the toothbrush can’t reach!
- Get regular dental check-ups – When planning your family doctor and eye doctor appointments, remember to call the dentist as well. Regular check ups and dental x-rays can prevent minor problems from become major problems.
- Eat a balanced, low-sugar diet – Ensure your child is eating healthy lunches and snacks at school. A healthy lunch should include grains, milk, cheese, raw vegetables, yogurt or fruit. Things like sugary foods and soft drinks should be limited as they feed the tooth decay bacteria.
To get you on the right track this school year, Arm & Hammer has come up with this amazing infographic to provide you with more amazing dental tips and tricks!
You wouldn’t send your kid’s off to school unprepared, so I won’t either! Please enter this #Giveaway to #WIN $100 prize pack of Arm & Hammer products that will give you the boost to achieve an A+ in Oral Hygiene!
Prize pack will include a selection of the below items:
- Arm & Hammer™ Truly Radiant™ Clean & Fresh Spinbrush
- Arm & Hammer™ Truly Radiant™ Clean & Fresh Toothpaste
- Arm & Hammer™ Truly Radiant™ Clean & Fresh REPLACEMENT HEADS
- Arm & Hammer™ Kid’s Spinbrush™ My Little Pony™ Battery Brush
- Arm & Hammer™ Kid’s Spinbrush™ My Little Pony™ Manual Brush
- Arm & Hammer™ Kid’s Spinbrush™ Paw Patrol™ Battery Brush
- Arm & Hammer™ Kid’s Spinbrush™ Paw Patrol™ Manual Bruch
- Arm & Hammer™ Kid’s Spinbrush™ Disney Descendants™ Battery Brush
OPEN to CANADA