The long weekend is almost here and that means the unofficial start of summer and time to get OUTDOORS!! Growing up we were sent
outdoors at the crack of dawn and we were dragged back in when the sun went down. Riding bikes, going on scavenger hunts and skating up and down the driveway are a few of my favourite memories! Those experiences outdoors helped to form new friendships, exercise our bodies and shaped our views of the world around us. Sadly, these memories are few and far between in the lives of the younger generation. With the increase in popularity of electronics, TVs and video games, children’s are spending less time outside and more time in front of the TV. When they are forced outside, they become bored quickly and have no clue how to enjoy the great outdoors.
This long weekend, when the sun is beating down and the kids are complaining about being bored outside why not engage them in these fun Water balloon games!
- Hot potato – Have all the children sit in a circle. Fill the water balloon and pass it around the circle as fast as you can. If the balloon breaks, you are out. The last person to remain dry, WINS!
- Water balloon toss – This is the most famous water balloon game. You stand in partners starting at one foot apart and toss the balloon back and forth. After each partner successfully catches the balloon, they each take a big step backwards. If your balloon pops, you are out. The team that gets the furthest apart wins!
- Target Practice – Using sidewalk chalk, draw a huge target on the side of the fence of on the driveway. Stand at least five feet away and thrown balloon. See how far away you can get while still hitting the target.
- Wooden Spoon Race – Similar to the egg and spoon race. Place a water balloon on wooden spoon and race you opponents from point A to point B. The first one there with their balloon intact WINS!
- Water balloon tag– Similar to freeze tag. The person who is IT hold a water balloon and chases the other people. If they hit another person with a water balloon that person is frozen. Another person must touch them to unfreeze them.
Some of these games require many, many water balloons. Filling them up can be tedious and troublesome. Luckily, I came across a new product that makes filling water balloons a breeze!
BUNCH O BALLOONS allow you to fill 100 Water Balloons and tie them in just 60 Seconds! You simply screw on the Quick Connector on to the fitting at the base on the BUNCH O BALLOONS, turn on your water hose, fill the balloons up to the size of an apple, shake and you will have 100 balloons filled in tied in under 60 seconds! The balloons and O-rings are made from a biodegradable material and environmentally friendly. The straws are recycled plastic and can be placed in any blue bin for future recycling. They were voted one of the Top Kickstarter Campaigns of 2014, one of the top Toys of Summer 2015, and are sure to be your favourite Outdoor toy this year!