We have always been told that Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but do you really know why? To begin with, word BREAKFAST literately means “break the fast”. It is the first meal that one consumes after a long period of no nutrition, without it you are essential a machine running on empty. Starting the day with a well balanced meal supplies your body with the essential nutrients to fuel your body for the task ahead. Eating within 2 hours of waking can determine the way your body metabolizes glucose, or blood sugar, all day. Without it out you can become irritable, uncoordinated and . If your idea of a delicious breakfast includes a sugary donut and a cup of coffee, you are setting your metabolism up for a day of havoc.
Choosing the right foods to start off your day are important because:
- Help control weight
- Boost brain activity
- Increased energy
- Make healthier food choices later on in the day
- Improve overall well being (less irritable, less tired, etc.)
Here is a delicious recipe that will help you get up and start your day (and your body on the right track!)
Gluten Free Strawberry Breakfast Bar
1. Begin by making the crust. Melt coconut oil in the microwave until liquid then mix with the rest of the crust ingredients.
2. Press into an 8×8 pan and place in fridge.
3. Puree strawberries in food processor and mix with the rest of the strawberry layer ingredients.
4. Pour on top of crust and return to fridge.
5. Let set for half an hour and enjoy!