Its that time of year again. As we emerge from our winter slumber, the kids are getting all jacked up for Chocolate fest aka Easter. Next to Halloween, Easter is the biggest candy day of the year. With traditional gummy trails, hidden chocolate eggs and sweets galore, you can actually see a sugar high take shape. For days after the event, whining and crying peruses and my kids beg for their next sugar hit. Limited to one small treat a day, their chocolate obsession quickly tapers off . All that is left is waste money and ton of chocolate.
This year, as I was putting together an Easter basket for my breast-milk only drinking nephew, when I realized there are many ways to celebrate the season without overdoing it with chocolate and sugar.
Here are 10 fun things to add to an Easter basket that doesn’t include sugar:
1. Books – I am a huge book lover! For learning, quiet or anytime, books are an amazing way to entertain a little one
2. Puppets – Creative, imaginative and tons of fun!
3. Clothing – Every kids worse nightmare (Except my DD3!), and every mother’s pleasure.
4. Bubbles – Beautiful, magical and mystical, bubbles are fun for kids of every age.
5. Crayons and colouring books – Fine motor skills and imagination collide in this favourite childhood activity
6. Small toys – From teething toys to dinky cars, every
7. Stuff toys – Bunnies, chickies, and lambs galore!
8. Balls – Active fun to help burn off any chocolate the Easter bunny might sneak in
9. Honibe honey delights – The world’s first candy made from 100% pure dried honey. Only ten calories, no preservative and gluten and dairy free! It is the perfect way to add healthy sweet treat to your Easter basket.
10. Kids Honibe honey gummies Complete – Have your sweets and vitamins too!
When I was first searching for healthy, sweet treats to include in my Easter baskets, I stumbled upon Honibe. Honbie is a natural, pure honey product that takes the sticky, liquid mess and turns it into a delicious, easy to transport product. Honey plays a huge role in our household. Not only do we use it to sweeten our tea and bring life to our baking dishes, but we also use it to help build our immunity during allergy seasons. Each Honibe product is loaded with the right amount of vitamins and minerals, without all the stuff you don’t want!
Want to learn more?
Join me on Wednesday April 1st as we chat all things health, honey and buzz about the bee’s!
Co-hosts: @bewitchinkitch, @SpaceshipsLB, @mommykatandkids, @westcoast_mommy, @nugglemama and @Mommy_Jennof3 (ME!)
OPEN TO CANADIANS ONLY!
RSVP TO WIN!