Now that the holidays are officially over, and Epiphany has come and gone, its time to say good bye the holiday decorations for another year. Before each item goes in the box, I give it a quick once over to make sure that its clean and in good shape for the start of next year. This year, it seems that my table cloth had seen its fair share of holiday parties. From Christmas Dinner to baking with the kids to a romantic dinner with DH, the evidence of a holiday well spent is written all over my table cloth.
When stains make their presence known in my house, there is only one stain fighter to turn to!
Stains don’t just happen on your clothes. From DS8 accidentally dropping a bottle of ketchup on my rug to greasy finger prints left on my white chair cushions, I use Oxiclean to tackle stains carpet, upholstery, hard kitchen and bathroom surfaces too!
- An incredible oxygen-based stain fighter that’s chlorine free and colour safe.
- Available in a durable, compact rectangular tub with a more sturdy scoop, making it easier to carry, use and store
- Boosts detergent for better overall cleaning and whitening
- Gets out stains that detergent alone can leave behind so they don’t become dryer set
- Helps prevent colours from fading due to chlorine in municipal water.
- For extra stubborn stains, pre-treating with or soaking in a concentrated solution of Oxiclean Versatile Stain Remover can provide amazing results.
- Oxiclean Versatile Stain Remover Powder has over 101 uses on multiple surfaces like carpet, upholstery, kitchen and bath surfaces, and even works outdoors on gutters, unfinished decks, and patio furniture.
Here’s how I use Oxiclean to tackle my top 3 Dinner Party stain disasters!
1. Red Wine – When a funny story during a romantic dinner with DH occurs and the wine goes flying, my first thought is grab the Oxiclean!
Immediately – You don’t want this spill to ruin a romantic moment or interrupt time with guests, simply blot the stain with a wet cloth to remove access wine. Cover with a teaspoon of Oxiclean and leave for several minutes. The crystals of the Oxiclean will draw out excess moisture!
Later – When the party is over and the dishes are done, its time to tackle the stain once and for all. Create a paste of water and Oxiclean and let sit on stained area. After a few minutes scrub area lightly and wash as per instructions on label.
2. Greasy finger prints – Having three kids under the age of 8 means, I am no stranger to finger prints. When I first bought my dining room set (pre-kids) I was in love with the dark wood and contrasting white seat cushions. Little did I realize the magnetic attraction between white cushions and dirty little hands, until my Mom came over for dinner.
Immediately – Honestly, if you were able to catch it immediately I’d be shocked. A busy lifestyle and three crazy kids means this isn’t usually the case.
Later – Before your mom comes to dinner, prep you seats to provide the beautiful contrast it once had, pre-kids. Mix a liter of warm water with 1/4 cup of Oxiclean. Using a cloth, blot and scrub greasy spots. Let dry and watch Oxiclean do its magic.
3. Coffee Time – with a best friend is the perfect way to end the holidays. Unfortunately, the rings left from the mugs on the table aren’t always the design you are going for in your holiday motif.
Immediately – Blot with a damp cloth to remove as much moisture as possible. Create a Oxiclean solution by mixing crystals to water (as directed on package) and apply to stain.
Later – Fill a bucket full of water, add Oxiclean and place soiled item inside for 1-6 hours. Then launder as you normally would.
Don’t let a stain ruin your dinner parties! Fight back using Canada’s #1 trusted stain fighter inside and out!