As Christmas to-do lists wind down, the holiday parties begin! This is a great time to spend time enjoying the company of family and friends. If you are attending a holiday event, you are probably going to be asked to bring an appetizer or snack to contribute to the feast. Normally, I am very boring when it comes to appetizers. I either head for the typical Mexican chip dip or a vegetable wrapped in bacon (who doesn’t Like bacon!?!! Check out our Bacon wrapped Asparagus dish here). This year, one of best friends, taught me an easy, yet delicious appetizer that is perfect for the Christmas season.
Cranberry-Jalapeno Cream Cheese Dip
- 1 bag (12 oz) fresh cranberries
- 4-5 green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper chopped and seeds removed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 packages cream cheese
- Gluten free
- Place cranberries, green onions, cilantro, jalapeno peppers into a food processor and chop until it is coarsely chopped.
- Add sugar, cumin, lemon juice and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Transfer mixture to a container and store in fridge for at least 4 hour to allow flavours to combine.
- When you are ready to serve, spread cream cheese on plate so that it is 1/4 inch thick. Top with
- cranberry-jalapeno mixture.
- Serve with gluten free crackers.