Shopping: a girl’s best friend. I don’t know if it is an inborn instinct or caused by the social stereotypes of what a girl should like, but both my daughter and I love to shop. There is something special about searching out that next got-to-have-it item (whether it be necessity or not!), finding a way to save money while doing so, and add that new item to your daily life. I have always enjoyed the shopping experience! Whether it be a bunch of girlfriends on an overnight trip in the States, shopping with kids to kill boredom or even wandering through stores alone while waiting to attend an appointment, shopping calms, relaxes and makes me smile.
Shopping online is relatively new concept in my life. For years, I avoided it. I was afraid of buying something I wouldn’t like/use, I was afraid of security breeches and theft, and I hated the idea that I couldn’t posses the item I had just bought. For years, my family and friends told me the benefits of online shopping, but I choose to avoid it for fear of change. Now it seems like online shopping is must! That gotta-have it Christmas present, that one of kind dress for a party or that popular gadget that everyone is taking about seems to be obtained through online shopping. Well, once I crossed that threshold, I never looked back!
My top 5 reasons why you should online shop
1. Yoga pants are the dress code of choice – As a busy mom of three, when I get home from work my uniform comes off and my yoga pants go on. They are comfortable, easy to move about in and allow me tackle the tasks for that day. Now when I go shopping in public, I usually change into something casual that is appropriate for the public eye. When I shop online at home, I can do it when I want, where I want and wearing whatever I want!
2. No kids allowed – Shopping is a personal decision. It takes time to search for the right product and decide if its worth purchasing. Sometimes, when shopping at a store with my children, they will be unruly. Either they are tired of shopping, don’t like the section I’m in (aka any where but toys!) or wish they were some place else, thus making my shopping experience rushed and stressful. When shopping online, I can do it while the kids are at school, when the kids are in bed or even when the kids are memorized by the latest movie or video game. It is peaceful, relaxing and no longer a rushed experience.
3. Time saving – Have you ever known what you want, but just couldn’t find it? For example, I was looking for a bed for my DD2. Her crib is being passed on to her soon to be born cousin and she needed a new place to sleep. I could have spent the entire day jumping from store to store, looking for the perfect bed and deal, but instead I hopped online. Entered in my search criteria and within a few seconds I had hundreds of options at my finger tips!
4. Every day is Christmas! Let’s be honest, receiving mail is fun! Have you ever returned home after a hard day of work, to find a beautifully wrapped box sitting on your front porch? Maybe its that sweater you forgot you ordered? Maybe its the phone case for your outdated phone that you desperately need! Whatever it is, that sight of package evoke the feeling of gratitude and happiness.
5. Saving/Earning money make shopping more fun! – What if I told you, you could earn money while shopping? That buying things you normally shop for at your favourite shops could earn you huge savings and even cash back? With #CAARewards, you can! I can’t tell you how much money CAA rewards has saved/earned me this summer. A trip to African Lion Safari, a pair of TOMS shoes for Mom and our first Omnimax theatre experience at the Ontario Science Center has all been possible thanks to the savings and discounts of our CAA membership. We have even switched to Petro Canada gas as it we can earn 20% more Petro-Points and convert those points into CAA dollars! Before booking a hotel, searching for tickets at an entertainment venue or purchasing anything online, I always refer to the CAA partner list to see where I can save money! You’ll be surprised how many of your favourite stores are on there!