Being a mom is one of the hardest jobs in the world. It is a balancing act between children, jobs, spouses, housework, bills, etc. The list is never ending. Sometimes after a long hard day, I’ll sit down and review everything that I did (and did not) accomplish that day. Its amazing! The planning, the preparation and work may be time consuming, exhausting and painful at times (i.e. the first or 100th time your child screams I hate you in an argument), but it is a job that I cherish, thrive for, and live for. It is smiles and tears. It’s about breaking up fights and keeping the peace. Its those little moments when everything just flows. Today is the day to sit back, marvel at all your hard work, enjoy the smiles of your family and celebrate the best job in the world. Today is MOTHER’S DAY!
A hot topic online the pass few weeks have been about what to get Mom for Mother’s Day. How to celebrate it? And the best gift to give Mom to show you that she is loved. Since the birth of my first son, Mother’s day has been a day to look at the miracles I created with my body and marvel at who they have become. This year, my family nailed my 5 wishes for Mother’s Day. Some were planned, some where spontaneous, but all made for a great day!
My Mother’s Day Wishes
1. Sleeping in – There is never enough hours in the day to get things done. I am a sleeper. I love my sleep and always have! One of the hardest things about becoming a Mom for me, is giving up my sleep. No longer are the days were I could sleep as long as I wanted. No longer am I able to get to bed before 10 p.m. and still be ready for the next day. This morning, my DH got up with the kids and let me sleep (they were up at 6:15 a.m.!)!! It wasn’t until 9:30 am when breakfast was ready that 3 little roosters came into my room to alert me to the fact it was time to get up! I felt refreshed, recharged and ready to conquer the day!
2. Breakfast with my family – Sundays are the only day in my household where EVERYONE is home! With DH’s crazy work schedule, it’s usually the kids and I eating by ourselves. With summer sports starting, Sunday night dinner has been replaced with Sunday brunch were we know we can all be together. This morning I was treated to delicious gluten free french toast, gluten free sausages, bacon, and homemade strawberry sauce. It was delicious! The best part, I didn’t haven’t to cook or clean up!
3. Spending the day with my family – As mentioned earlier, to me, Mother’s day is a day to reflect on your children. What better way to do this then spend time with them! This year, we dug in the garden! It was hectic, stressful and boring for some, but it was a fantastic way to spend the day!
4. Gardening – Since Mother’s Day occurs in spring, its not surprising that my Mother’s day gift revolves around gardening and flowers. I love getting out into the garden and digging in the mud (With gloves of course! lol). Taking something messy and turning it into something beautiful is a great feeling. This year, I was treated to Miracle Grow flower seeds and hand picked seeds (Blue bells and Sunflowers) by my boys.
5. An hour of me time – I love my family, but it is nice to pee in private. My sister once sent me the following picture.
I didn’t realize how true it was until I became a mother. Not only does your dignity leave when you are spread eagle on the delivery table, but also as the children grow and mature. I have settled fights, given permission and kissed away tears while sitting on the loo. No door or lock seems to keep them out. This year, DH took the boys to baseball and left me with the girl. She was tired from playing in the dirt and fell asleep on my bed. I looked around….silence. It was kind of nice! After a solitary trip to the bathroom, I poured myself an Orange Natural ND Shake and grabbed my laptop. The perfect way to end a perfect day!
I wish all the amazing Mom’s in the world a HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY! You are special, you are loved and your work is appreciated (so what if it’s paid in dirty diapers and messy kitchens!) I hope all your wishes come true!
What would you wish for on Mother’s Day?
ORANGE NATURAL NEWSLETTER
Orange Natural has expanded their Natural At Home Program to include a newsletter. Full of tips and tricks to survive Motherhood naturally at home, this newsletter you won’t want to miss! Sign up HERE
Disclosure: I am part of the Orange Naturals Mom Ambassador Program and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.