Being a gluten free Mom, means that my family eats a lot of gluten free products. It can be a pain in the butt and stressful at time. One meal that Mommy isn’t present is breakfast time! Mommy is the first person to leave for work, so most of the food consumed at breakfast time is gluten loving food with Daddy. One of Daddy and the kids favourite foods is Nutella on toast! It is quick, easy for busy mornings and the kids love the rich chocolaty taste!
Just because Mommy can’t enjoy Nutella on toast, doesn’t mean this gluten free spread is something that Mommy does without. This week, my DS6 and I whipped up a batch of delicious gluten free Nutella cookies.
Food Friday ~ Nutella Cookies
Recipe Type: Dessert
Nothing says home like a warm, freshly baked cookie, add Nutella and you have a recipe for deliciousness!
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablesppons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons (or more!) Nutella
- 1 cup of chocolate chip cookies
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees
- In one bowl, mix all of the dry ingredients (flour, xanthan gum, baking soda, salt, white sugar and brown sugar). Mix until well combined.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and Nutella until it is smooth. Remove from the heat and add the chopped chocolate. Mix until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth. Add the vanilla
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients. Kneed until smooth.
- Make 1 inch round balls and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Press down to flatten them.
- Bake for 9 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Add an extra layer of Nutella on top and Enjoy!