I remember the exact moment my husband and I decided to start a family. It was a month and half after our wedding and we had spent an entire Sunday outside with our neighbours and their two young children. We had so much fun chasing the kids around, making them giggle and enjoying their views on life. The moment we were were alone, my husband looked into my eyes and we both said “It’s time to start our own family”.
For my husband that meant more opportunities to make love, for me it meant stopping birth control, learning my menstrual cycle and plotting the best two days to conceive (Romantic eh?). With my first child, we were extremely lucky and conceived within the first two months of trying. Unfortunately, this is not always the case. Thanks to environmental factors, hormones in foods. the age at which couples begin conceiving, and an increases in fertility complications in women (PCOS, Endometriosis, etc), the rate of infertility has risen from 1 in 20 couples in 1970 to 1 in 6 couples in 2013.
The Stork Conception System is an FDA-cleared, private conception kit that aids with natural conception from the comfort and privacy of your home. The Stork was created 2010 after Steve Bollinger, CEO and founder of the Stork, experienced fertility problems for over 10 years. Wanting to create a device that helps couples on the journey to parenthood, he developed #TheStork. The stork is a “Condom like collection and Tampon like delivery” device that couples in Canada can buy over the counter and practice in the comfort of their own home. This device is based on a technique that has been used for years by the medical community called Cervical cap insemination. It basically increases the volume of sperm at the cervical opening and can assist with fertility problems such as:
– Low sperm count.
– Sperm motility issues.
– pH imbalances (hostile vaginal environment).
– Ovulation timing.
How it works:
The Stork is a three step process.
1. Collection: The male places the Conceptual on an erect penis. The couple proceeds to make love naturally.
2. Removal: Place the Cervical cap on the tip of the penis and careful unwrap the Conceptual. Make sure to keep Conceptual in an upright position.
3. Placement: Place the Cervical cap in the cap holder on the applicator. Click it in place. In a reclined, comfortable position, the female inserts the applicator into her vagina until it reaches the cervix (she will begin to feel pressure). She releases the Cervical cap and removes the applicator. A string will remain from the Cervical Cap. The Cervical cap is left in the female for 6 hours while the magic happens, then it is removed and discarded.
Benefits of the Stork:
1. Its a proven medical approach. It has been used for years by the medical community and it is approved by the FDA.
2. It is less invasive. This is a drug free procedure that requires no hormonal injections or surgery to provide success.
3. It is easy to use. It is a very straight forward and easy to use system from collection to placement.
4. It is cost effective. The Stork treatment costs $126.99 compared to artificial insemination which can run $500-$1000/cycle and IVF which can run $7500-$12500/cycle.
The Stork allows couples to over come many embarrassing and uncomfortable situations by allowing them to conceive in their own home. It is recommended that you use the Stork more then 3 times a month and for a six month period. If conception doesn’t occur by 6 months, more invasive steps with your doctor maybe required.