Going gluten free for me has been relatively easy. I was never craved foods such as bread, noodles and cakes. Maybe it was because of the way it made me feel or maybe it was a psychological aversion to a food that was unconsciously poisoning my body. Don’t get me wrong! When I’m a fancy restaurant and they start passing around fresh, homemade, melt in your mouth bread, my mouth does water and I feel a pang of sadness that I can’t have it!
The only other food that I miss is chicken wings! When I was younger, my parents use to take us out once a week for 15 cent chicken wings! It was an amazing experience! They would bring buckets, upon buckets of chicken wings to your table and they were only 15 cents a piece. Who knew that a family of 5 could eat out for $15 and go home stuffed!
DH knew of my love for chicken wings and after the purchase of a deep fryer that we only use gluten free products in, he decided to try his hand at making homemade gluten free chicken wings. He made two types: Breaded and Non Breaded with a homemade BBQ sauce. It was a flash back from the past!
- 2 lbs of chicken wings
- 2 cups Rice Flour
- BBQ sauce
- Deep Fryer
- Soak Chicken Wings in buttermilk for minimum 2 hours in fridge.
- Create breading by mixing rice flour with spices.
- Roll them in Flour.
- Put them in an egg wash.
- Roll again in Flour mixture. **Eliminate steps 2-5 if doing non bread recipe**
- Place in deep fryer for 5-7 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oil and let drain to remove some of the excess oil.
- Cover in BBQ sauce
- Serve and enjoy