A New Year means a fresh start! Time to reflect on those bad habits that you may have developed over the holiday season and refocus your body and your mind for new healthier you!
I don’t know if its all the sweets and delectable, fattening food that I consume over the holidays, but when January rolls around I’m not feeling so hot. I notice those few extra pounds I have put on, my lack of energy and my achy, stiff body. I make a vow to myself to start the New Year off right with healthier eating and increased physical fitness. One ‘diet’ regime that I return to year after year seems to be Suzanne Somers’ Get Skinny on Fabulous Food.
The thing I like about this diet is that you are not starving yourself. In fact, you eat as much as you want. Its just when and what combinations of food you eat that is the difference. Read HERE for last year review of this diet.
This is one of my favourite recipes from Suzanne’s book. Not only is it easy to make, but filling and delicious as well!!!
- 2 1/2 pounds beef tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup dill pickles, julienned
- 2 tablespoons pickle juice
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup sauteed spinach, to serve
- Prepare tenderloin and pickles in 1 inch, long skinny slices.
- Add butter to skillet on Medium high heat. Let melt. Add pickles and pickle juice and cook for 2 minutes until 1/2 the juice evaporates.
- Add cream and cook until it reduces by half.
- In a separate pan, season tenderloin and sear on each side (i.e. 2 mins each side)
- Add meat to pickle sauce. Let juices blend for 3 mins.
- In empty meat pan, add 1 tbsp of oil, 1 cup of spinach, and sprinkle with herb and garlic salt
- When spinach begins to wilt, remove from pan.
- Place both dishes on a plate and enjoy!