One thing that I love about the internet is the endless supply of recipes!! My mom has recently jumped head first into the internet and is always sending along recipes she thinks I would enjoy. When this recipe hit my inbox, my mouth was immediately watering…BACON WRAPPED ASPARAGUS! Need I say any more? I mean if its got bacon its got to be good!!!
I decided to save this recipe for a special occasion. When I found out I would be hosting my family’s Christmas at my house this year, I knew this was the perfect appetizer to serve. While DH was prepping the turkey (with you guessed it, more bacon), I used the preheat oven to whip up these tasty critters! They were quick to make, tasted delicious and is my new favourite appetizer to serve to guest! If you are looking for a great appetizer to service this holiday season, I highly recommend you give these a try!
- 2 lb fresh asparagus, ends trimmed
- 12 slice bacon, uncooked
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Clean asparagus and cut off the hard ends.
- Mix butter, brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic salt and pepper in a sauce pan on medium heat. Bring to a boil.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Wrap three or four stalks of asparagus with bacon and lay on cookie sheet.
- Pour mixture on top of asparagus wraps.
- Place in the oven for approx 20 minutes or until bacon turns crispy!
- Remove from sauce and serve!