Canadian Thanksgiving for me marks the beginning of the holiday season. After you finish that first turkey dinner, invitations for cookie exchanges, Christmas parties, school functions and holiday celebrations begin pouring in. On average, a typical Canadian participates in 5 to ten holiday celebrations. Although they are fun and festive, the results on the scale post holiday celebration tends to be less then flattery. This season, enjoy the feast but feel confident about stepping on the scale when its all over.
Here are 3 steps to combat the Holiday season weight gain:
1. Keep moving – Attending a party in the neighbour, why not walk there instead of driving? In most cases, when the holiday season approaches, people tend to place exercise routines on the back burner in order to get their holiday preparations accomplished. Incorporating a half hour workout into your daily routine, will help keep the pounds a bay and allow you to maintain the energy you need to survive the holidays!
2. Never go to a party hungry – Just like the saying “never go shopping hungry”, never go to a party hungry. If you go to a party hungry, you are more likely to give in to cravings and indulge in foods that are less then flattery to your figure. Instead, eat a pieces of fruit, some yogurt or a healthy granola bar prior to the party. This will allow you to feel full and able to make wise chooses. If you aren’t able to snack prior to a holiday party, fill up on healthy options (i.e. salads) before indulging in the cakes and dips.
3. Increase your fruit and vegetable intake – Making sure you eat SEVEN or more servings of fruit and vegetables a day. It will not only help you achieve your weight loss maintenance, but it will also set new, healthier habits and increase your overall nutrition. Fruits and vegetables contain less calories and fats then other snack options, such as chip, cookies and cakes, and the extra fiber found in vegetables will keep you feeling fuller faster and longer. Keep fresh fruit and bags of cut up vegetables in your fridge to help you control those cravings and munchies!
One of my favourite ways to monitor my weight is with my Ozeri WeightMaster Digital Bathroom Scale, with MICROBAN® Antimicrobial Product Protection
Ozeri, a specialty manufacturer of digital lifestyle products, has paired up with Microban®, a specialty in antimicrobial technology, to create the first bath scale that inhibits the growth of odor and stain-causing bacteria. All bathroom scales are exposed to bacterial growth from frequent skin contact and exposure to moisture due to the nature of the room in which it is stored. It is only when the bacteria has multiplied to hundreds of thousands that it can be seen by the naked eye. With Ozeri WeightMaster Bath Scale, the Microban® protection prevents bacteria from adhering to the surface thus disrupting cell function. As a result, the bacteria is unable to grow or reproduce on the surface. Combined with the large LCD lit display and immediate readings upon applied weight, this scale is the most accurate and easiest to use scale on the market!
- Microban® antimicrobial product protection prevent the growth of stain and odor-causing bacteria.
- Uses 4 of the latest generation G sensors to accurately capture weights in increments of 0.2 pounds or 0.1 kilograms
- Features the industry’s largest blue-backlit LCD with xBright technology for easy-to-read results from afar.
- Ultra sturdy scale combines ABS slip-resistant material on the outside with 6mm impact-resistant tempered glass on the inside.
- Step-on Activation captures the precise weight measurements upon stepping on the scale (no tapping required).
- Auto-calibrated and automatically turns off to conserve battery life. Runs on 2 AAA batteries with a Low Battery Indicator (batteries included).
I love this scale! It is by far the easiest scale I have used as there is no programing or calibrating required. You simply open the box, install the provide AAA batteries and you are ready to go. Before using the Ozeri WeighMaster Digital Bathroom Scale, I was using an old analog scale. I could step on three times in a row and obtain a different weight each time. By simply changing my foot placement by a millimeter my weight would change. With Ozeri WeighMaster Digital Bathroom Scale, my weight is ALWAYS the same, no matter if I change foot placement or not. It is so accurate the I obtained the exact same measurement as the one I received at my doctors office 20 minutes earlier, right down to a tenth of a pound!
I love this product with my kids. In the past, I was always having a hard time determining how much my children weighted. Either they wouldn’t stand still long enough to obtain a reading or they were to quick on and off the scale that the scale wouldn’t capture a number. With the Ozeri WeightMaster Digital bathroom scale, you stand on and it give you a number within a second. There is not need to turn it on and wait for the zero to show up before achieving a reading. The scale never waivers between two numbers, but rather provides a confident result. From the first day I used it, it has been providing confident, accurate readings.
The design of the Ozeri WeightMaster Bathroom scale is beautiful. It is sleek, thin, high tech, and very attractive. It can easily be incorporated into any decor design. The LCD display is huge! Whether I have my glasses on or off or my eyes are glued shut with sandman remnants, I can still accurately read the number. My favourite feature is the large base. It is flat and stable, providing enough room to fell comfortable and balanced while standing on the scale. This is another feature that reassures me I am obtaining an accurate result.
Remember, the holidays are meant to celebrate good times with family and friends. By using these effective strategies and your Ozeri WeightMaster Bathroom Scale, you will be able to breeze through the holiday, while still achieving your weight loss goals.