Fall is my favourite time of year! It is back to school and back to routines (which I THRIVE on!), beautiful fall colours and the start of an amazing holiday season. When the days get cool and shorter, my creative side peaks! I don’t know if its the bountiful harvest vegetables available or the breath taking red, orange and yellow hues seen on the trees, I dive in head first to baking, experimenting in the kitchen and decorative crafts.
This DYI project was very easy to do, but looks very elegant! My kids loved the two step process and the entire family go involved. The best part about this DYI project is with a few adaptations it can be made for Halloween, Christmas, Easter, or just about any holiday you can think of!
Kids DYI ~ Be Thankful for Fall 3D picture frame
- Shadow box
- Paint and a paint brush
- Decorations to give the 3D effect (leaves, bulbs, etc)
- Embellishments (stickers, letters, jewels, etc)
- Glue dots
- Popcorn kernaels
- A good imagination!
- Paint the outside of the box.
- Adhere the mirror to the left hand side of the box.
- Create a meaningful saying out of letter stickers.
- Embellish with stickers to frame saying.
- Add decorations with glue dots to provide a 3D feature.
- Add corn kernels to enhance 3D look.
I’m inspired to create a Christmas themed one as I love how this one turned out! Stay tuned!