One of my favourite parts of fall is the food. I love the fresh vegetables that are available at local farmers markets, the festive pumpkins and of course the apples. My kids love apples! During apple season, they can eat anywhere from 2- 4 apples a day! Each year my family goes to the same local farm and picks fresh, homegrown apples!
In the spirit of apple season, I decided to create a gluten free apple cake!
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup and 3 tablespoons gluten free flour, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 cups diced apples (about 2 apples, peeled, cored and finely diced)
- Preheat oven to 325 F
- Grease a 9 inch pan or spring form pan.
- Peel, core and finely dice apples.
- Whisk all the wet ingredients together.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until uniform.
- Add apples and chocolate chips.
- Pour into pan and bake for 40-50 mins.