Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. One of my favourite breakfast meals is pancakes. Warm, golden pancakes smoothered in butter and Canadian maple syrup makes the perfect stick to your rib breakfast. Unfortuantley, since becoming gluten free, pancakes are a thing of the past. My DH has attempt to create pancakes in our kitchen rice flour makes them delicate and flimsy. They turn out to be beautiful crepes rather than thick, fluffy pancake! With back to school around the corner, pancake breakfasts from scratch were only going to be a Sunday morning type of thing.
Glutino is known for its amazing gluten free product has now just stepped it up a notch! Glutino has just announced its first ever Gluten Free instant Pancake mix! The pancake mix comes in a convient and portable plastic bottle that requires only 1 cup of water and a little shake! Contained in this bottle, there is no mess in you kitchen and the mix can be refrigerate up to four days making easy to incorporate my love for pancakes every morning! In addition to this mess less option, the self contained bottle allow it to remain contamianted free as well! For any person with celiac disease living in a normal home, this can be very tricky!
I’m not the best pancake maker. In the past, I have created black, charred pancakes or wet doughy ones! I was so excited to find this product very simple to work with. My DS5 created the batter and I easily created thick, fluffy, FULLY COOKED pancakes! I have tried to cook pancakes from mix in a the past and they always turned out dry and tasteless. I expected something similar from this mix as well. What I got was a huge surprise! They were light and airy and better then any other pancake, gluten free and not, that I have every had! That combined with ease and convenience makes them my breakfast food of choice!
Glutino Pancake Mix is available nationally at grocery stores for SRP $5.29.
Glutino Instant Pancake Mix and Blueberry sauce!
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup water + 1 cup water (separate)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 2 tbs cornstarch, mixed with 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 bottle of Glutino Instant Pancake mix
- Blueberry Sauce
- Add blueberries, water, sugar and lemon juice to a pot and cook on medium heat.
- Bring to a boil.
- Mix cornstarch and water to create a paste. Slowly add the cornstarch paste and vanilla to the blueberry mixture.
- Stir constantly until the desired thickness is obtained.
- Add to pancakes, crepes, or ice cream and enjoy!
- Glutino Instant Pancake Mix
- Add 1 cup of water to the Glutino Instant Pancake Mix.
- Place cap back on the bottle and shake for 30 seconds.
- Add oil to a frying pan and heat on medium heat.
- When water ‘dances’ on the pan, add 3 Tbsp of batter to the pan.
- Cook for 1-2 mins, then flip.
- Cook another few minutes and serve.
- Top with blueberry sauce and enjoy!