With summer in full swing and my DD1’s second birthday fast approaching, I have decided that its time to get get into shape and lose the baby weight I’ve been holding onto since she was born. Being over the 30 mark and a female, I know that I’m up for a challenge. Usually when I want to lose weight dieting is my answer, but this time I decided that I need to improve my overall health. I have begun to eat healthier (smarter choices, but not going without! It’s summer after all!), working out (T25 program~25 minutes a day 7 days a week), joined a workout support group, and attempt to do yoga in my spare time.
Although all of these steps are very important to a health life style, I find my yoga routine to be one of the most beneficial. It allows me to unwind, focus on my breathing and balance and stretch away the tensions from the week.
4 Things you need for a great yoga workout:
1. WATER – Water is very important to keep you hydrated and flush the toxins from you body that are released during exercise. Always drink a glass of water before you begin to give you a good foundation, then after you are done your workout to replace any water lost.
2. YOGA MAT – A yoga mat is a luxury rather then a necessity. Some yoga posses require padding when doing them on the floor. A yoga mat can provide this comfort as well as helps you grip the ground when attempting balance positions.
3. PEACEFUL AREA – Yoga is just as much about mind as it is about body. When you are creating each pose, you want to focus on the movement, muscles involved and the way your body reacts to the pose. If you are busy yelling at kids to stop fighting, worrying about what you are going to serve for dinner and mentally packing your kid’s backpack for the next day, you can’t achieve an effective workout.
4. YOGA TOWEL – To me, the most important tool in my yoga routine is my yoga towel. Not only does it provide warmth and absorption after the workout, but it also provide comfort during the workout. You can either use your yoga towel as an alternative to the yoga mat itself or you can lay the yoga towel on top of the yoga mat to provide added comfort.
My favourite yoga towel is the Aurorae towel. The Aurorae Yoga towel is beautiful, vibrant towel that is made from microfiber, instead of traditional cotton. This microfiber material allows it to absorb more sweat and moisture, while still keeping its soft texture. I love how it absorbs the sweat quickly off my body after a workout and still feels dry to the touch. I was very impressed that after several workouts, the Aurorae towel did not smell funky or alter in any form. It is the ideal towel for everyone who works out.
Aurorae Yoga Towel Features:
- Machine washable
- The towel measures 30” x 20” – the same size as a typical yoga mat.
- Light weight
- Ideal for all sports
- Fast drying
- Guaranteed by the owner
Aurorae offers thick yoga mats, accessories and much, much more.
Aurorae offers the best yoga mat in illuminating colors with a focal point icon. We have extra long yoga mats and extra thick yoga mats as well as yoga bags, and yoga accessories. Combine this with our great customer service provided and you get the best of both worlds. Aurorae yoga company offers the best quality and services available on the internet and Amazon. This is why we have the best reviewed and the number one top rated products on Amazon.com.