This past weekend, my family and my friends family spent the long weekend at Jellystone Park and Camp Resort! Jellystone Park prides it self on bring families together in the great outdoors. Their campground it located in the Toronto area, which was only an hour from our house. This made it the perfect destination for a family with 3 small children. With 52 acres of campgrounds, there is an option for any type of camper; tent sites, RV sites and Canadian Habitat units. A Canadian Habitat is a rental unit that is furnished and allows you to enjoy the great outdoors without all the fuss of a tent and air mattress. Its perfect for grandparents, families with young children, and non professional campers.
A family campground with lots of fun activities for everyone to enjoy!
There is always a lot to do at Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park. Take a
1. Swim in our heated in-ground swimming pool – The pool was gorgeous! It was clean, warm and very inviting! With a shallow end and a deep end, the kids loved diving, swimming and relaxing in the pool!
2. Mini-putt golf with Yogi Bear – This 9 hole golf course provide a chance for little ones to improve their skills in a Yogi bear themed course.
3.“Hey, Hey, Hey, Wagon Ride” – This fun ride happened twice a day at 10 and 7. Children would run from all areas of the park to ride the wagon with Yogi and Boo. Each trip included a get-to-know-you session where you yelled out your name, where you were from and one fun fact about you (i.e. your favourite Halloween candy, your favourite animal, etc.). What ride would be complete without a lollypop from Yogi’s picnic basket!
5. Special events (i.e. haunted house, dance party, etc) – Every night there is something different to do at Jellystone Park. Our weekend included Karaoke night, an outdoor dance party and a haunted house.
6. Meet Yogi Bear – It just wouldn’t be the authentic Jellystone Park, if Yogi Bear wasn’t there. From campsite visits to meet-and-greets to practical jokes, Yogi’s present was well known on site.
7. Children’s activities – From 9am until 9 pm, there was a different activity scheduled to entertain, inspire and keep the kids busy. Yogi cartoons, crafts, pool time fun and colouring time were some of the favourites among our kids.
8. Close to amenities – One of the great things about Jellystone Park is it’s close to so many fun attractions (i.e. Canada’s Wonderland, Vaughn Mills Mall, etc.)
9. Ranger’s Station – Whether you forgot your dental floss or your searching for some Yogi Bear souvenirs, the Ranger station is full of friendly faces and all the items you need to make your stay amazing!
10. Family Camping fun! – Whether you are there for a weekend or a week, it is a place to enjoy the joys of camping and a whole lot of family fun!
Disclosure: I did not receive any compensation for this post. All opinions expressed are my own and a reflection of my experience.