The month of June is one of my favourite months for many reasons. Its the month that my kids are released from school to spend every day with me, its the start of warm, sunny days and it is STRAWBERRY picking season!
Every year, I gather up the kids, a few friends and occasionally the hubby and we go to the local farm. The kids love this trips because it includes a hayride out to the strawberry patch, an all-you-can-eat buffet of strawberries while you pick, and the yummy desserts that mommy attempts to make out of the picked strawberries (if any of them make it home!).
- 8 oz package of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of powder sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1 package of strawberries
- Graham Cracker crumbs (for non gluten free) or Cinnamon (for gluten free)
- Wash strawberries, cut off the steams, tips (so the strawberries will stand up by themselves) and hollow out the centers (the bigger the holes the more cream cheese you can add!)
- Mix the room temperature cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until nice and fluffy.
- Using a pastry bag, pipe the feeling into the strawberry.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon or chocolate for decoration!
- -Don’t prepare strawberries more than 2 hours before you plan to eat them or the strawberries go soggy.
- – I had to add more cream cheese because I found super sweet
- – Cheesecake will be fluffier if you use the normal cream cheese (where i used non fat to be healthier)
Recipe was inspired by Make It-Love It Blog