I saw a friend tweet that she was enjoying a delicious gluten free blondie that her sister in law made and I knew I had to try it! I’ve never made blondies before so I didn’t know what to expect. When I first read through the recipe, I was shocked to find there was NO FLOUR in the ingredient list at all. I know it said it was gluten free but I expected rice flour or arrowroot flour to be a major component of the recipe. I was surprised how with just six ingredients you can make a taste cake like dessert!
– 2 Cups of Almond or Peanut Butter ( I used peanut butter as I’m allergic to Almonds)
– 1 Cup of honey or agave nectar
– 2 Eggs
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1 tsp backing soda
– 1 Cup of chocolate chips (I used white chocolate chips to add a colour contrast to the cake!)
1. Preheat the oven to 325 F and butter your pan.
2. Whip peanut butter until it is smooth.
3. Add eggs and honey. Mix until uniform.
4. Add salt and baking soda.
5. Gently fold in chocolate chips
6. Bake for 35 minutes.