- 1/2 cupbutter, softened (I’m a bad girl! I never have butter in the house! I made mine with Margerine)
- 3/4 cupgranulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2-1/4 cupsall-purpose flour (I used Rice flour and added 1 tsp cream of tartar)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tspbaking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cuppacked light brown sugar
- 2/3 cupall-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon ( I upped it to 2 Tsp of Cinnamon in streusel and 1 tsp in cake batter)
- 1/2 cupcold butter
2. Streusel: In small bowl, stir together sugar, flour and cinnamon. Crumble the mixture with a knife and set aside.
a. Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
b. Add in eggs (1 at a time) and vanilla.
c. In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt until well combined.
d. Stir into butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, making 3 additions of flour mixture and 2 of buttermilk.
E. Line a 9- x 5-inch (2 L) loaf pan with parchment paper. Add half the loaf batter then top with half of the streusel. Scrape remaining batter over top; sprinkle with remaining streusel.
F. Bake in 325ºF for 65 minutes (mine took 80 minutes)