I am a big snacker! Of course, this is not always good for my waistline. I’m always on the hunt for a healthy snack that will also satisfy my sweet tooth. My new addiction is another recipe courtesy of my sister.
1. Thoroughly wash and dry a can of chickpeas to remove starch. If you want, remove the shells. I liked the crunchy bits!
2. Coat chickpeas with oil.
3. Mix sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl then sprinkle over chickpeas.
4. If you hate cleaning cookie sheets like me, cover a cookie sheet in tin foil and lay chickpeas out in a single layer.
5. Cook at 350 F for 45 minutes. Flip the chickpeas every 15 minutes and keep an eye on them during the last 15 minutes to ensure you don’t burn them!
6. While they are still hot, coat them in honey. Let dry then seal in an air tight container