This recipe I found on an amazing blog called When Is Dinner? I found this recipe very appealing because I reminded me of an old family favourite, Old El Paso Soft Taco Dinner Kit. My kids loved this meal. It was fast, tasty and the plates where always left clean! Unfortunately, I can no longer eat this meal because of my gluten allergies. When I read that I could combine tacos with pasta, I knew it be an award winner in my house!
500 g of ground beef
1 pkg of taco seasoning (I used Epicure Selection‘s fajita mix)
1 cup of water
1/2 cup salsa
2 cups of shredded cheese (I did a cup of mozzarella and a cup of cheddar)
1/2 a brick of cream cheese (125 grams)
4 cups of cooked pasta
1. Brown your beef and drain the fat
2. Add 1 cup of water, salsa and 1 package of taco seasoning
3. Let simmer on low heat until the water is all absorbed
4. Cut cheese into small pieces and add to beef mixture. Allow cheese to melt
5. While the cheese melts, cook pasta as per directions on the package
6. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
7. In an oven safe pan, layer noodles, beef sauce then cheese. Repeat.
8. Place in oven for 30 mins.
9. Serve and enjoy!
I thought my children would like this dish, but I was overwhelmed by how much! They ate 3 bowls each and licked them clean! This is definitely a first!