This week I was really craving peanut butter! It isn’t allowed on my diet but luckily I’m allowed to cheat once a week. This week’s cheat I was giving into the PB. This was a very easy recipe to make. I love that it has veggies and chicken combined with the nutty taste of peanut butter! Unfortunately, it was divided in my household! DS6, who is usually pretty picky, actually liked it! The sauce was so think that he didn’t realize that his enemy, the dreaded PEPPER, lie beneath the sweet taste of peanut butter. Hubby and DS4 were not big fans. DH said that you had to be a real peanut butter lover to enjoy this dish! Luckily, I am one of those lovers!!! If you LOVE peanut butter, this is the dish for you!
This recipe is compliments of a website called TASTE OF HOME
– 3/4 cup chicken broth (since I have to be careful with the chicken broths I use, I use 3/4 cups of boil water with 1 tbsp of GF chicken soup mix)
-1/4 cup Creamy peanut butter
– 3tbsp Soy Sauce
-1 tsp ground ginger
– 1/4 tsp pepper
– 2 Chicken breasts (Cut into strips or chopped into bit size pieces)
– 3 tsp olive oil (divided)
– 2 pepper (Your choice! I used orange and red because I liked the earthy look)
– 1 onion (chopped)
– 1 cup mushrooms (optional)
– 1 tsp garlic powder
– cooked Rice or pasta
1. In a bowl, combine the boiling water and chicken broth. Mix until uniform.
2. Combine the ginger, pepper, cornstarch, peanut butter, and soy sauce. Mix well and then add to the chicken broth mixture.
3. Chop up the chicken, onion, and peppers.
4. Heat 1 1/2 tsp of olive oil in a frying pan. When it begins to sizzle, add the chicken. Cook until the chicken is no longer pink. Remove it from the pan, leaving the juices behind, and set aside.
5. Add remaining 1 1/2 tsp olive oil to the pan and add the onions. Cook for 3 minutes then add the peppers and garlic and cook for an additional 4 minutes.
6. Combine the vegetables, chicken, and sauce in the frying pan and cook over medium heat for 4 minutes. Watch the sauce because as it starts to thicken it may burn.
7. Place sauce on top of pasta or rice and enjoy!