This was my first time buying, cleaning and cooking leeks! It was a great experience!
2. Cut the Leeks lengthwise down the stem leaving it connected at root end.
3. Wash them under fast running water, away from the root to get any dirt out.
4. In a large pan, add butter and olive oil, chopped garlic and cook for a minute to flavour the oil.
5. Chop the leaks into 3cm chunks then add to pan and stir to coat leaks with the butter/oil.
6. Pour yourself a glass of wine! When its finished, pour another and add it to the leeks and heat to
7. Add the chicken stock (I mix 1 cup of hot water with 2 tsp of GF chicken broth mix) and mix with leek mixture.
8. Season with salt and pepper then cover the leaks with prosciuto to seal the steam in.
9. Cover with a lid and cook over low heat for 1/2 hr.
10. Meanwhile, cook your pasta and drain reserving a little of the cooking water to loosen the sauce if required.
11. Add leeks to pasta.
12. Chop up the prosciuto and add it onto of the Leek pasta mix.
13. Top with grated Parmesan cheese
14. Serve immediately and ENJOY!!