This recipe was inspired by a recipe in Suzanne Somers’ Get skinny on Good food book. I took the main concept and adapted it to include more vegetables and make it Gluten Free! I love all creamy soups, but most times these soups are high in fat and lose the nutrients we are hoping to gain. This soup gives the creaminess I crave without the cream or fat added!
4 heads of Broccoli, chopped into small pieces
2 cups of chicken stock (I used 2 cups boiling water and 2 tbsp Mom’s Pantry Instant Chicken stock base ~ its gluten free of course!)
2 zucchinis chopped into small pieces
4 stalks of celery
Club house Roasted Garlic and peppers
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Chop up all of your vegetables (you can add any vegetables you would like! I decided to make my meal GREEN!).
2. Add them to a large pot and boil until the vegetables are soft.
3. Drain vegetables.
4. Mix up chicken stock base and add to drained vegetables.
5. Add spices to mixture and simmer for 10 minutes
6. Using an immersion blender, blend until it is a smooth consistency.