Wholly Guacamole is a pre-made guacamole with a fresh, homemade taste. It was created by Don Bowden who was a Dallas restaurant owner. His goal was to serve fresh tasting, pre-made guacamole to his customers, but he became frustrated when the avocados turned brown before he was able to serve it. Determined to find a solution, he came up with the High Pressure Processing or HPP technology. HHP technology is ability to preserve foods without using chemicals or additives. Instead, HHP technology uses high-pressure water to preserve the guacamole rather than with heat or chemicals. Not only is it environmentally friend, it results in a pre-made guacamole that maintains the fresh homemade taste!
THE CRITICS REVIEW
When I first tasted Wholly Guacamole, I was surprise to notice the absence of chemicals. You could actually taste the fresh avocados mixed with garlic and onion. A simple recipe with extraordinary results! It is smooth, creamy and melts in your mouth. In the past, I have made guacamole myself. Although it contains very few ingredients, it can be a pain in the butt to make. I always have a hard time determining when the avocado is ripe enough to make the dip. Because of the hassle, I tend to shy away from adding guacamole to recipes and only eat it when I’m hosting a party or event. Wholly guacamole is a welcome change! It provides the fresh guacamole taste I crave, without the hassle, time and energy required to make it! My DD1 was never a fan of my version of guacamole but was eager to eat Wholly guacamole by the spoonful. The jury says that this is going to be a staple in my household.
At 60 calories, 5 grams of fat, and 90 mg of sodium a serving, it makes a great snack, topping to a hamburger or addition to any meal! To test out Wholly Guacamole, I used a recipe from their website (with a few additions of my own!) for dinner tonight! It was delicious and loved by all!
2 tbsp of oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp Mrs. Dash
1/4 cup of medium WHOLLY SALSA® (drained)
1/4 cup WHOLLY GUACAMOLE®
1 pepper ( Your choice ~ I used orange because its my favourite and added a nice colour!)
1 Flour tortilla
1. Pre-heat your oven to 350° and your 8-inch nonstick sauté pan over medium heat.
2. Add the oil to the pan and heat.
3. Beat eggs and add salt, pepper, and Mrs. Dash.
4. When oil is hot, carefully add eggs. Swirl them around the pan to get an even coat.
5. When eggs begin to slowly cook on the bottom, add diced pepper and dollops of salsa on top of frittata. Lightly press the sauce into the eggs.
7. Frittata should easily slide out of the pan, cut it into wedges like a pizza.
8. Add a heaping spoon of Wholly Guacamole dip to each slice and serve on a warm tortilla.