Now that the weather has turned cool, I tend to move towards comfort food to warm me up! My favourite is PASTA! I love trying new pasta recipes, but find myself so busy these days I need something quick and tasty to please my picky eaters! You might find it weird that a person with Celiac Disease loves PASTA. Well I do! It was something I wasn’t willing to give up when I gave up everything else with Wheat and Gluten! Luckily there are some amazing corn and rice pastas out there that allow me enjoy pasta without all the stomach ache they use to bring!
Easy Basil Sausage and Pasta
- 1 tbsp oil (olive or canola work best!)
- 4 thick pork sausages, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 crushed garlic cloves (or if in a rush like me 2 tsp Garlic powder)
- 200 ml medium white wine
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 400g can chopped tomatoes (I like to clean out the fridge when I cook so I used grape tomatoes cut in quarters)
- 500g pack rigatoni or penne
- tsp of basil
- Parmesan, as needed
- Heat the olive oil in a pan on medium heat. When the oil begins to bubble add the sausages. Fry for about 8 mins until golden and cooked through.
- Add the garlic and fry for 1 min.
- Add the white wine and boil until it has reduced by half.
- Stir in the tomato purée and tomatoes, and season to taste.
- Simmer for 15 mins until the sauce is rich and thick.
- In a separate cook pasta as directed on package
- Add Basil and cooked pasta to simmering sauce and top with Parmesan cheese if desired.