It’s cold and rainy outside today. A perfect day for my favourite fall/winter comfort dinners. It’s quick and easy and fills my belly with warmth!
Lentils and Rice
Prep time 5 minutes
Cooking time 15 minutes
What you need:
2 cups of 5 minute rice (noodles can be substituted)
1/4 cup of vegetable oil
1/2 an onion chopped
2 pieces of garlic minced
1 can (19oz) of lentils
2 tablespoons of soya sauce
1 tablespoon of parsley
Side of veggies (your choice)
How to make it:
1. Cook rice as directed on box
2. In a deep frying pan, heat oil and margarine on medium heat until it sizzles
3. Add onions and garlic. Cook 5 minutes or until onions are brown
4. While onions are cooking, wash and drain canned lentils.
5. Add lentils soya sauce to onion and garlic mixture.
6. Reduce heat to low and simmer lentil mixture for 10 mins on low heat.
7. Prepare side dish of vegetables (we like cooked carrots with a butter and brown sugar glaze)
8. Add Parsley to lentil mixture
9. Scoop rice into a bowl, add lentil mixture on top and place veggies on the side.
10. Serve up a bowl and warmth and a smile!
My boys ages 5 and 3 years old LOVE this dinner! It is a request at least twice a week!!