The temperature has been above normal for this time of year! I have even seen a few people in shorts!! Although, I’m not ready to go to that extreme, I am ready to shed the cold hibernation of winter and welcome spring in with open arms. Opening windows, bright sunshine and longer days are wonderful for the heart and soul, but it also sheds light on he dirt that has accumulated all winter long. Although you may have a typical spring cleaning to do list, here are 5 places you don’t want to forget to cleans this spring!
1. Mattress– When spend half our lives sleeping on our mattresses and although you may be obsessive about routinely washing your sheets and comforters, we often neglect a good cleaning of our mattress. Rotate, stand it up to air out and give it a good vacuum and you’ll be sleeping peaceful.
2. Behind large appliances (I.e. Bed, fridge, washer, etc.) – Out of sight, doesn’t always mean neat and tidy! Just because you don’t always look behind your fridge or under your bed doesn’t mean it isn’t collecting dust. Dog hair, debris, and other items can easily be dropped and forgotten in these places. Not only does it make an attractive place for bugs and allergens, but it is also a potential fire hazard a step well! A quick pull out, vacuum, and wash down with Pine Sol and your good to go!
3. Ceiling fans – As you dream about spring and summer, you are probably picturing hot days, cooled down with a blissful breeze from you ceiling fan. Unless you want to kick up a dust storm the first time you turn it on, I highly suggest you give it a good wipe down. The way I like to tackle my ceiling fan is with an old pillow case. With the fan in the OFF position, gently slide he pillow case over both sides of one blade. The inside of the bag will capture the dust (instead of it showering down on you) and it will complete the task twice as fast. After I hand dust each blade, I like to mix up a bucket of soapy water and give it thorough washing. Next time I feel the heat, I can be assured of a fresh cool breeze!
4. Wash the walls – I never realized that dust could accumulate on a vertical surface, but it can!! That in combination with kids and sticky fingers, my walls are a mess! I spot clean every week, but once or twice a year I like to give them a top to bottoms scrub in high traffic areas. Pine Sol and water makes a great solution for getting those stubborn stains off.
5. Dust corners – I think of myself as a neat person. I keep my house vacuumed, my floors washed and my shelves dusted. Sadly, I don’t spend time staring at my ceiling. When I do look up, I’m terrified what I see! Dust bunnies and possible spider nest, creep out of no where and line my ceiling. A vacuum with a dust attachment or a damp cloth (if you are brave enough to get that close!)
Pine-Sol is an effective, multi-surface cleaner that works to provide a powerful clean in many areas throughout the home. We know that cleaning isn’t a favourite task for most people, we want to help make it a little more fun! This spring, say good bye to boring cleaning products and say #YesItsPineSol with their newest product ‘Spring Blossom’. Brilliant pink colour and fresh spring scent that will add a splash of fun to your regular cleaning routine.
What are your must CLEAN places that you tackle during spring cleaning??