There are only 52 days left until Christmas. For most people this elicits stress and panic, but for me, I get excited. Shopping for Christmas presents is one of my favourite things to do around the holidays. I love thinking about that special person in my life who needs a present, searching high and low for the perfect gift and present that gift in beautifully wrapped paper. Now many people love the idea of giving gifts but dislike the hunt that sometimes has to take place to find that perfect gift. Sometimes it’s not the actual gift that is hard to find but rather coming up with an idea for that person.
Tips for Buying a Gift for Someone Who is Hard to Buy For:
1. Pinterest – Pinterest is a great resource for neat do-it yourself ideas, but also to find out what the gift getter likes. Many people create “Wish lists” or “Product Love” boards on their Pinterest account. Use these boards as inspiration for the perfect present!
2. Give them the Gift of an Experience – There are so many exciting adventures waiting in your own backyard; Zip lining, Escape rooms, Museums, etc are just a few of them. More often then not, the person you are buying for has wanted to participate in these experiences, but has always allotted their money else where (clothing, food, bills, etc.). By purchasing a gift card or booking an experience, you are giving them the gift of memories that will last forever!
3. Charity – The holidays is a time when charities need the most help. With winter weather, scarcity in fresh foods and the hustle and bustle of the holidays, those in need are often forgotten. Donating to a charity in the name of your receiver, not only makes you and the receiver feel good, but it also puts a smile on someone in need’s face as well (Isn’t that what the holidays are about?). Some charitable ideas are food banks, shelters, wild life reserves, etc. Pick something that will mean a lot to the receiver.
4. Gift Cards – For someone you don’t really know, a gift card is a great option. It allows the receiver to buy something that they really want! Choose a store that you know they shop at and purchase a card at your price limit. This is a great gift for someone you really don’t know well.
5. Food – Everyone has to eat! Its no surprising that Christmas candies and cookies are passed around this time of year! Everybody loves receiving a delicious little treat! Depending on how well you know your hard-to-buy-for person, you can bake up a fresh batch of Christmas cookies or put together a jar of ‘just add the wet ingredients’ for the receiver. This year, I will be treating my loved ones to Amazing Clubs! Its the perfect gift for the hard to buy for person!
Amazing Clubs is an exclusive and gourmet monthly gift box that was founded in 2003. They began offering one club and over the years have grown to include 39 different clubs.
Some of my favourite clubs include:
The Candy Club
The Beer Club
and GLUTEN FREE club
Their mission is to bring their members the most exclusive and highest quality gourmet items available anywhere, on the last week of the month, a special treat will be delivered to your friend’s door!! The best part is Amazingclubs.ca GUARANTEES they’ll love it! If not, they will do everything they can to make you happy! No fine print, no excuses! Its a win-win for all!!
Do you have any great suggestions for hard-to-buy-for people? What has worked for you, over the years?
#WIN a 3 month Gluten Free Subscription
Dec 17, 2015