I can’t believe it is the middle of June already! It feels like just last week I was staring at my dashboard seeing a horrifying -25. Now that summer is upon us, its time to embrace it! Its time to soak in some rich vitamin D from the sun, fill our lungs with fresh air and more importantly fill our bellies with some delicious BBQ food!
When my husband and I were looking for a house a few years ago, we knew we had to buy one with a big backyard. Luckily, we found a blank slate! When we first purchased our house the backyard consisted of 3 foot weeds from back door to fence! After many years of sweat and hard work, our backyard is beginning to become a family outdoor oasis. We purchased a play-set for the kids, we built a patio with gazebo for the adults and we added the must needed deck for the BBQ.
BBQ season is my favourite time of year. Its such a versatile cooking experience. From meat to veggies to fruit, the options are endless. When summer rolls around, my family moves from traditional indoor cooking to outdoor. Mashed potatoes and baked dishes are replaced with crisp salads, fresh vegetables from the market and perfectly cooked BBQ meat.
This week, I decided to treat my family to a new recipe. I wanted to kick of BBQ season with something new. When I came across a marinade recipe for chicken kabobs on Food.com, I knew I had found a winner.
Unlike any other marinade recipe I have used in the past, this one called for sour cream! Being a huge fan of Gay Lea products, I immediately jumped at the opportunity to experiment with their new Gold Premium Sour Cream. Gold Premium Sour Cream is GayLea’s most decadent dollop yet. Rich and creamy, its unlike any other sour cream I’ve tried. The extra thick texture was perfect for covering the chicken and you could taste the quality in the final product!
Gold Premium Sour Cream Marinated Chicken Kabobs
|Gold Premium Sour Cream Marinated Chicken Kabobs|| |
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 container of Gay Lea Gold Premium Sour Cream
- ¼ cup of Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp of roasted garlic (I used roasted garlic and pepper spice)
- 2 tsp Chili chipolata spice
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 1 Onion
- 4 peppers (use multicolored for added attraction!)
- Bamboo skewers
- Make the marinated the night before. Combine the Gold Premium Sour Cream with the honey, mustard, roasted garlic, chili chipolata spice, salt and pepper.
- Chop up the chicken breast into 1 inch cubes and place in marinated. Mix well.
- Leave marinated chicken to sit for minimum 5 hours ( I left mine over night!)
- Soak bamboo skewers in a sink of water for an hour prior to use.
- Take wet bamboo skewers and alternate meat, pepper, onion, until skewer is full.
- Place on BBQ for 10 minutes. Flip every two minutes.
- Serve with a fresh salad (Mine was a Kale salad with sun-dried tomatoes and feta) and Enjoy!